Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cibola City

My blog is titled Adventures in Cibola City. I chose this title since Cibola City is where I like to retreat when I want to get creative. There is a Native American legend of a city called Cibola that was made entirely of gold. This legend intrigued me and thought what if the city held other secrets beside gold. Lots of personal thinking and historical research lead to my creation of my Cibola City. Instead of gold my Cibola holds the secrets to the worlds Seven Ancient Wonders. For me, the creation of this Cibola City is where I turn for inspiration. In my mind it is a thriving metropolis. For me in the real world I turn to Cibola City for sketching or writing a short story inspiration.With this inspiration the city continues to grow with and through me. I have even created an entire story based around this fictitious city and retreat to here when I need creative inspiration. There are many mysteries to Cibola City mainly its architecture, strange buildings and strange history that seem to stem from ancient Greece, Egypt or Roman times. Below is an aerial view of the city that has literally taken over 5 years of thought and planning. Some key buildings are borrowed from history and some buildings are my own creation. The buildings borrowed from history hold powers beyond comprehension and can have catastrophic consequences if they fell into the wrong hands. Be on the look out for more detailed Cibola City scenes in the future. Has it also been mentioned that Cibola City is balanced on a piece of land that resembles a 'spinning top'?



No comments:

Post a Comment